Thursday, October 15, 2009

We already own touring bikes, why do we need new ones?

Well after spending many dollars and many hours trying to get my Cannondale T1 to my liking I have given up. I think it was too small for me from the start. Combine that with the gearing that was too high and too hard to change as it uses road shifters that aren t compatible with mountain bike cranks and I was reaching the end of my nerves.

I have always oggled over Rohloff hubs which are 14 speed internal geared hubs. Big advantages are, big strong chain, no external bits to get broken, looks neat because there are no external bits. The gears are all evenly spaced etc etc etc etc.. OK they are just a fabulous piece of German engineering. Anyway I was looking at the Thorn website and just love the Raven Tour. Anyway to cut a long story short Sandy and I have ordered one each.


1 comment:

Dave Wells said...

Hi Guys,
Great to read about your travels! When are you going to be in Switzerland? Aaron told me that you are not in a rush so,as I am going to be in Australia for 4 weeeks from Sunday,I hope that I can catch up with you on my return.
Best wishes,
Dave (dave_in_nt@hotmail.com)